Druidry Workshop - Creating Ritual Space
Learn the secrets behind creating your own unique ritual space.
Traditionally the Druids of old held the knowledge of when to sow and when harvest. The Ritual was a very visual way to pass on this knowledge to a large gathering of people. Today as our lives become more complex and confused a time for reflection and getting back to a simpler form of existence enriches us with more than just a visual spectacle. It provides nourishment for the soul and allows us to journey back to our roots and gather strength for it.
Beltane was a time of the new, of new beginning of love and happiness. Of a time to celebrate the end of winter and a time to look forward to planting the seed and awaiting the new harvest.
Topics covered will include:
- Introduction and a brief history of Beltane
- What is ritual and what is its function and purpose?
- What is sacred space?
- How to cast a circle
- The watchtowers and cardinal points
- The passing of wisdom
- Creating ritual - an example
- Group activity to explore the meaning of the Beltane
Creating sacred space in ritual is a dynamic way to add depth to any practice. Join Paul as he leads you through this magical experience.
Date: Saturday - October 14th
Time: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Presenter: Paul Johnson
Venue: 'Karrawirra' Building - Riverdell (site map here)
Location: Riverdell Spiritual Centre - 51 Clifford Rd - Hillier 5116 (how to find us here)
* Participants are asked to bring pen and paper, lunch to share amongst new friends, a rug, blanket, cushion or rug to sit on outside.
Got a question about this event? Call and speak to a friendly Riverdell staff member on 8523 1329 during business hours.